There is a big party on the internet today where you have to write 25 things about yourself. I don't really participate in parties, but I thought I would give this one a go.
Hang on 'cause here we go.............
1. I have nicknames for nearly everyone I know and people I don't even know. Crazy Carl, Baldo Geraldo, Hoodie, Auction Guy, Lady Across the Street (clever, no?), etc.
2. We name our cars and appliances. We drive Stu the Vue. We used to have Stan the Van. When we sold it to a Mexican family a few door down, we renamed it Jaun the Vaun. The Breadman drives Chuck the Truck. Currently, Justin Beeper is beeping at me to get the clothes out of the dryer. My Mom drives Eddie, Junior and Bob.
3. I don't eat creamy white stuff - mayo, macaroni salad, salad dressing, gravy, cream of anything soups, seafood salads, etc. Ick.
4. I eat all of one thing before I move on to the next item.
5. My food cannot touch. Sometimes I use three or four vessels for my food so it won't touch - potatoes on the plate, chicken on the plate, ketchup in a dish, salad in a bowl, dressing in a dish..... It makes for a lot of dishes. Which is bad because...
6. I do not own a dishwasher. I have never had a dishwasher. I wouldn't even know how to use one. I would probably hand wash them before I put them in the dishwasher.
7. I hide dirty pans in my oven until I wash them later in the day.
8. I don't like Will Farrell comedies. However, Elf is one of my favorite movies.
9. I have never sen a Brad Pitt movie. Nothing against him, I just never have seen one of his movies. I am considering Moneyball. Which is odd - I hate movies about sports.
10. When I had a real job, one of my responsibilities was deciding what junk to put near the registers to make your kids fall down screaming for it RIGHT NOW. Not candy, but little toys and odds and ends.
11. 11 is my favorite number.
12. I want to get an 11:11 tattoo on my wrist.
13. Inside one of my cabinet doors I have photos of guys I <3 including Christian Slater, David Beckham, Jeremy Sisto (the dad on Suburgatory), Mark McGwire (need to update my door, apparently), George Clooney, Paul Rudd, Matthew McConaughey, John Ritter and Mister Rogers. Don't judge me.
14. I never got a proposal or an Engagement ring. Not sure how I ended up married.
15. I felt pride in my heart when I spotted a Redman picnic basket on the front cover of Country Living magazine this month.
16. I love new paper, new pens, fresh markers and new Sharpies with firm points.
17. I have a fear of being called up on stage. Even at a concert with 10,000 in the audience. They are going to call me up. I know it.
18. Carnations are my favorite flower. Most people don't like them, but I really do. I don't like roses much. I usually receive roses from TBM. (But, at least I do sometimes get flowers).
19. Rice gives me the hiccups. Hiccups which as so bad that I often end up throwing up. And tuna. And white bread. And turkey. I call a tuna sandwich the "Sandwich of Death".
20. I am allergic to the tree in our front yard. It is as Sycamore and has balls on them that fall in the yard and make a mess. When I am around it I hack and cough and get congested. I call the balls, "Exploding Balls of Death".
21. Did I mention I give things nicknames?
22. I am afraid to Bungee jump, but I would like to jump out of a plane.
23. I cannot see a red cup of any sorts without having "Red Solo Cup" play in my head for hours on end. (And, now you won't either....)
24. Twenty one years ago, I was 24 years old. But, I think I am only about 24 still.
25. I need to go to the Super Cheap Thrift right now.
Care to play along?
What is a monkeybox?
When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.
*Those are my Great Grandparents up there. My Great Grandma was the original Martha Stewart. She threw a great party and decorated for every holiday. I want to be her when I grow up. Oh wait! I am!